Just before Christmas I applied for a job at the local college as a welfare worker. One of the reasons I applied for the job is because my current job is likely to end in 2013. Also the holidays with this job were good. I would get all days off that are not term time (unpaid). So I could spend half term, summer holidays etc with munchkin.
I left work today and had a voice mail from the college asking me to contact them.
I then had a dilemma.
Do I go ahead with the application knowing that if the pregnancy goes well I could be leaving them again in August?
Or do I just withdraw the application and potentially lose out on a good opportunity? I am still in the early stages of pregnancy so anything could happen.
My conscience made the decision for me. I didn’t think it was fair that I went through the whole interview process, potentially get the job and then once I have been trained up, leave.
So I withdrew my job application.
I hope I made the right decision.