Competition time with ukbreakaways

So who’s dreaming of a summer holiday?!

I know I am!

Yes I know I have recently returned from a holiday abroad but I was just saying to my hubby we need to do something with the girls during the summer. And there are plenty of lovely places within the UK that we can visit.

Growing up as a child we only went abroad to Pakistan to see the family a few times. All other trips were within the UK, mainly the seaside but we had plenty of fun and made happy memories. Riding donkeys/horses on the beach, the fairground, yummy doughnuts and ice cream. Oh and can’t forget the obligatory stick of rock!

Skegness Beach

Skegness Beach

I also remember visiting York as a child with school. It was a lovely trip with lots to see and hoping to take the girls one day. Hubby himself seems keen to visit Scotland; he doesn’t have a particular reason but just wants to go. I want to go Blackpool and Brighton!

Do you have a favourite place to visit in the UK? One that means something to you because it holds special memories? A place you visited as a child? Somewhere you haven’t been but want to visit? If so, then this may be the competition for you.

Ukbreakaways are running a competition asking you to share your passion for a UK destination of your choice. To enter all you have to do is write a travel blog post of up to 600 words and make them want to visit your chosen destination!

The prizes are:

1ST PRIZE… £250 CASH!

2ND PRIZE… £100 in ukbreakaways Holiday Vouchers

3 x RUNNERS UP PRIZES… £50 in ukbreakaways Holiday Vouchers

Full details of the competition, including terms and conditions, can be found on the ukbreakaways website. It closes on 31st August 2014.

UK breakaways

Disclaimer: I have been compensated to share this competition

1. June 13, 2014 / 6:43 pm

We love holidaying in the UK. Yorkshire and the Moors were a favourite visiting place as a child and now we go to Scotland at least once a year to visit my husband’s family and love it!

2. Rachel
    June 13, 2014 / 7:19 pm

Great competition. Cornwall was always our holiday destination as a child, and has always been one of my favourite places. Can’t wait to go with the kids!

3. June 13, 2014 / 7:59 pm

Great competition, there are some fabulous destinations in the UK. We always enjoy being by the sea as we’re in the countryside most of the time 🙂

4. June 14, 2014 / 2:31 pm

Great competition. We love so many places across the UK but our favourite is probably Cornwall.

5. June 14, 2014 / 7:51 pm

great comp! The UK is full of so many lovely places but I love Pembrokshire 🙂 x

6. June 15, 2014 / 7:04 am

Great comp, I shall be joining in promoting Dorset!

7. June 15, 2014 / 8:48 pm

Skegness and Mablethorpe were the main places we went as children. My three love to go to Skegness and we’re planning on some day trips this summer 🙂
    Shell Louise recently posted…Silent Sunday June 15thMy Profile

8. wendy
    June 16, 2014 / 4:19 pm

We used to go on holiday to Chapel St Leonards and Inglemells both near Skegness. I then moved just up the coast to Mablethorpe. My favourite place is Cornwall, I just love it there.

9. June 20, 2014 / 1:07 pm

Thank you for sharing.
    It looks like a great competition.

10. June 23, 2014 / 8:45 pm

What a great idea, I think we’d love to try Scotland as we have never been! x
    Lori recently posted…25/52My Profile