‘The air was fragrant with a thousand trodden aromatic herbs, with fields of lavender, and with the brightest roses blushing in the tufts all over the meadows.’

William C Bryant

Hitchen Lavender

I LOVE purple.

I would decorate the whole house in purple if I could! Currently the bedroom and the kitchen have a purple theme…and thats where I had to draw the line.

Due to my love of all things purple, I was desperate to visit our nearest lavender fields. For various reasons I haven’t been able to go for the past 2 years since finding out there was a field about an hour away. This year I was determined to go! And I made it!

Hitchin Lavender has about 25 miles of  lavender rows and you are able to walk through them and pick the lavender as part of the small entrance fee. Adults cost £4.50, children £1 and under 5’s are free.

They also have a small cafe where you can grab some lunch and homemade cakes. Their shop also includes products which include lavender oil, a lavender skin care range, lavender bath and shower products and also lavender gifts such as candles and lavender filled cotton bags.

We went with some relatives visiting from Germany and they loved it, although hubby had to go hide in the car due to his hay fever. Bee was slightly nervous due to all the bee’s buzzing around the lavender but thankfully none of us got stung. There isn’t much to do apart from walking around the lavender field (and the sunflowers if they have flowered) but it is a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours outdoors surrounded by the beauty of nature.

Now I could go on and on about how gorgeous it was…but I think I will just share some pictures!

Butterfly in lavenderPurple lavender 13698207_10157133488815542_9183154313233023050_o 13698304_10157133490165542_5858460326158759327_o (1)

Walking through lavender

Hitchen Lavender field

Purple fields 13730833_10157133490975542_2507189270145640708_o 13731756_10157133488560542_5160652164126399064_o (1) 13732027_10157133489790542_2095570795098394520_o (1) 13737454_10157133487730542_300207724795936246_o

Picking Lavender

And my favourite picture of all:

Hitchen Lavender Fields

23 Comments on Enjoying being surrounded by purple at Hitchin Lavender Field

1. Aisha
    August 17, 2016 at 4:51 pm (1 year ago)

SubhanAllah such beauty! Purple is my favourite colour as well and I am making it point to visit a place like this some day 😀

2. Haya
    August 17, 2016 at 7:43 pm (1 year ago)

Ah! I have never seen lavender blossoms. Was the field covered with it’s wonderful fragrance? I would live to visit such fields.

I am in love with your photos. I particularly like the one with bee (the real bee 🙂 ) Your Bee looks great in white. Wise choice of color for the day.
    Haya recently posted…My little fingersMy Profile

3. Emma Raphael
    August 17, 2016 at 8:13 pm (1 year ago)

How gorgeous! I hadn’t realised how big it was before now… Love that last picture of your little one, it’s really lovely! 🙂

4. Jo Wiggins
    August 17, 2016 at 8:38 pm (1 year ago)

I love Lavender. Beautiful pictures x

5. FARZANA RIJAS
    August 17, 2016 at 8:46 pm (1 year ago)

OMG !!! Masha Allah that’s so beautiful !!
    And the pics are just superb..Thank you for sharing this. One day. Insha Allah One day. 🙂

6. Sarah
    August 17, 2016 at 10:05 pm (1 year ago)

MashaAllah the place looks so beautiful and serene. The last picture is my favorite too! Sounds like an excellent way to spend a lazy summer day with the family. Your post has made me wish I was in the UK 🙂 x

7. Louise
    August 18, 2016 at 5:51 am (1 year ago)

Gorgeous photos and such a beautiful place to visit. I love the smell of lavender and the coiour too. Your daughter is adorable.x

8. Jen Walshaw
    August 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm (1 year ago)

You have inspired me to see if there is a lavender field near where we live. I love the photos!

9. Afreen
    August 20, 2016 at 5:58 am (1 year ago)

Beautiful place,,lovely field and cute little girl..

10. clare nicholas
    August 20, 2016 at 8:29 pm (1 year ago)

Wow those photos are beautiful.
    I was thinking my kids would get bored but seeing this I actually think they would love running up and down…..knowing Harry he would be stung though
    clare nicholas recently posted…Sea Life London Aquarium reviewMy Profile

11. Shahira
    August 22, 2016 at 3:44 am (1 year ago)

This is so so so beautiful! SubhanaAllah. Really!!!

That fave pic of your daughter…. well it reminds me of this scene from a Bollywood movie where the heroine is always in some flower field. Lovely picture. Lovely poser. Mashaallah

..and I can sense your love for purple from the site logo colours 🙂

• MuslimMummy
      August 23, 2016 at 6:16 pm (1 year ago)

Lol at the bollywood scene!

12. Umme Hafsa
    August 23, 2016 at 4:42 am (1 year ago)

Oh my this is sooo beautiful, I would love to go there inshaAllah 🙂 Your daughter is such a cutie mashaAllah x

13. naila
    August 23, 2016 at 6:36 am (1 year ago)

Lovely pictures. No wonder ur blog has lavender theme in it to ☺.

Hows the fragrance like in this area? I could almost smell the lavenders!!

• MuslimMummy
      August 23, 2016 at 6:15 pm (1 year ago)

It was lovely, I didn’t find it overpowering but it did make my husbands hay fever kick in

14. Emma
    August 23, 2016 at 9:59 am (1 year ago)

Oooh, I really need to go there this year!

15. Sonya Cisco
    August 24, 2016 at 8:15 am (1 year ago)

Oh so much pretty! It is a shame it is a little too far for a day trip for us as it looks stunning and I bet the smell is unbelievable!
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…Camp Bestival By NightMy Profile

16. Kara Guppy
    August 27, 2016 at 7:54 am (1 year ago)

I would love to explore a lavender field but am worried that mine would be scared as they don’t like bees!

17. JuggleMum, Nadine Hill
    August 27, 2016 at 2:13 pm (1 year ago)

What a lovely place to visit not far from you! I enjoy places like this too – plus you can buy some beautiful lavender products too:-)
    JuggleMum, Nadine Hill recently posted…Namaste… Or not!My Profile

18. rushtosuccess
    July 15, 2017 at 8:35 pm (2 months ago)

SubhanAllah…. This is Beauuutiful. Love your Photography skills. May Allah bless you. Aameen.