Project 365- Week 6 of 2018

Sunday 04 February

Bee was feeling a bit better so agreed to do some baking with her as have a baking kit to review! I got reminded why I don’t like baking with kids! I can’t handle the mess! Here’s the review: Baking with Kids and Usborne Cookie and Biscuit Baking Kit.

*****************************

Monday 05 February

Bee ended up with a temperature overnight again and she didn’t feel up to going to school. I had a meeting at the school for some training so had to cancel. Instead we just chilled at home. Want to get started on my garden but still feels a bit cold. But so pleased my rose bushes weren’t completely squashed when the fence fell on them. There is some growth on some of them and looks healthy so hopefully being squashed didn’t too much lasting damage.

*****************************

Tuesday 06 February

Bee had to make her Rainbow Promise today so she can officially become a Rainbow. I thought we might miss the ceremony as she was so ill over the weekend but she was well enough to go to school today and managed to get to Rainbows too.

*****************************

Wednesday 07 February

One of those days where I felt like I was just rushing around. My Quran class then rushing to get mums to the docs….. a day where I didn’t get a chance to cook so treated myself to some masala fries for lunch.

*****************************

Thursday 08 February

Had a governor course today….introduction to being a governor. Was quite interesting and got to meet a few other lovely governors. The air con was so cold though that I even ended up with a cup of tea to try to warm myself up (I usually only drink it when I am ill!) The biscuits were nice though!

*****************************

Friday 09 February

The girls love Hatchimals Colleggtibles so were pleased to receive some. I spent a relaxing day at home today while they were at school….doing absolutely nothing for once.

*****************************

Saturday 10 February

Bee’s second karate competition today. I must admit I am not so keen on her taking part in the competitions but she wants to so let her. But she ended up having a bit of a wobble and a cry when the first hit was a punch to her face. She went back to win that fight but then didn’t want to do her second fight…after some coaxing by her coach she went ahead with that fight and overall came 2nd out of 5 in her group. She is now in two minds as to whether she wants to go to the competitions again. We shall see.

1. February 11, 2018 / 9:35 am

Glad Bee is better now. She did so well at her competition! I’m not surprised she’s having second thoughts about doing another one though. Glad your governor training went well.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 11.2.18My Profile

• February 16, 2018 / 7:41 pm

She is now saying she does want to go to the next one so shall see!

• February 16, 2018 / 7:41 pm

I think I would still get stressed at the mess!

2. February 11, 2018 / 7:12 pm

i’m with you in the issue of Bee entering competitions, I’d feel the same, but like you I’d let it be her decision. one of the first things I do when I get back to the UK is have some proper decent British fish and chips, we just can’t get them over here

• February 16, 2018 / 7:42 pm

She is now saying she does want to do the next competition…so shall have to wait and see!

• February 16, 2018 / 7:42 pm

Yes thats what I was thinking. She was fine at her first comp. I did say to leave this one as she hadn’t been well but she insisted that she wanted to go.

3. February 12, 2018 / 8:54 am

I dont mind baking mess but hate crafting mess.
    Maybe Bee had a few wobbles as she was under the weather. But if you are not keen maybe this is a good thing if she does not want to go back. A great art form to learn even without the competitions.

• February 16, 2018 / 7:43 pm

Oh yes not a fan of craft mess too!

She is now saying she does want to do the next one so shall have to wait and see!

4. February 12, 2018 / 1:43 pm

Doing nothing feels so good sometimes Foz! We need days like this.
    Cooking with kids! I am learning to deal with the mess! Each time is better than the previous one. And it can be very funny too, a good moment of sharing together.
    Xoxo
    Marie Kléber recently posted…Imagine…My Profile

5. February 13, 2018 / 6:32 pm

Oh bless her with the competitions, that doesn’t sound entirely fun. Hope Rainbows goes well. I remember those messy baking days! #365

• February 16, 2018 / 7:44 pm

I have never been keen on her doing the comps but she keeps saying she wants to! She is saying she wants to go to the next one again!