Project 365 – Week 9 of 2018

Saturday 25th February

The eldest has been asking for pancakes for breakfast for a while, finally got round to making them for her. I think this is my third ever attempt at making them. Think I did OK! Then a quiet day at home tidying up while hubby got my car MOT’d and serviced and got his fixed as it had a few problems.

*****************************

Monday 26th February

Met up with some friends for lunch. The snow started while I was out but was a small flurry. Then a course in the evening on SEND as part of being a parent governor.

*****************************

Tuesday 27th February

We had some snow overnight but not enough for the girls to be off school. Was fairly cold though so got home and snuggled back into bed. Then some free chocolate arrived so had a day of doing completely nothing except lazy around and enjoying some chocolate…… but did manage to write up my February Monthly Gratitude post.

*****************************

Wednesday 28th February

Snow 2018

Bee’s school trip to a local farm was cancelled due to the snow but her school was still open. Got half way to eldest’s school in the snow and received a text to say they were shut….so had to turn round. She was happy and let her have a morning of watching Netflix while I caught up with some blog work and published the latest post in my Muslim Mums in Business series.

*****************************

Thursday 1st March

Hot drinks in the snow

Eldest’s school still closed but Bee’s was open. World Book Day and she went as Little Red Riding hood. The air was so chilly when we went to collect her due to the wind that it stung my face. We all had a hot drink as soon as we got home.

*****************************

Friday 2nd March

Rosie the cat

Another snow day for the eldest but Bee was back at school. I almost didn’t send her as she has a cough and it was bitterly cold outside…but other than the cough she was well in herself. She was meant to have been performing at a local drama festival today but unfortunately it got cancelled due to the adverse weather. She was really disappointed as we had been practicing so hard for it. Hoping that they reschedule. I think Rosie was feeling the cold too as she was snuggled up on Bee’s dressing gown and wasn’t going out much. Also managed to get another blog post done, this time a book review of Zak and His Little Lies.

*****************************

Saturday 3rd March

It snowed again overnight and pretty icy out there so a day spent at home again. Watched some films on Now TV and did some crafts…..we made a Good Deed Jar which will be shared in a blog post soon.

1. March 3, 2018 / 7:02 pm

Nice for the eldest to get some down time without Bee being there. Strange how they close one school but not the other. our council sems to close them all based on the worst hit inland country areas.
    Was your free chocolate Cadbury’s by any chance? Only asking as I got a bar through this week as well.
    The hot drinks are much needed.

• March 3, 2018 / 8:32 pm

Yep Cadburys! The council doesn’t decide re the schools but the schools themselves dependent on if they have enough staff being able to get into school

2. March 3, 2018 / 8:44 pm

My girls love pancakes for breakfast here. They had them twice last week.
    I love your hot drinks. We have those cups. The one’s which came with Easter Eggs last year. hehehe
    The good deed jar sounds like a lovely idea. x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Week 9 – A photo everyday for a year. #Project365My Profile

3. March 4, 2018 / 10:25 am

You seem to have done well for sweet things this week. I bet the kids enjoyed their snow days – pity about the drama festival though.
    Erica Hughes recently posted…Week 9: 2018My Profile

4. March 4, 2018 / 10:49 am

There can’t have been many schools that stayed open all week! I hope the eldest enjoyed her quiet days at home. It looks like you did a very good job of making those pancakes.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 4.3.18My Profile

5. March 4, 2018 / 11:51 am

It’s been such a weird week hasn’t it? Zs school was only shut one day but it’s been really snowy here and we were snowed in for a couple of them. Glad it’s finally starting to thaw!

6. March 4, 2018 / 10:09 pm

It is strange at how some schools in an area stay open and others don’t.
    N is obsessed with pancakes – he loves them

7. March 5, 2018 / 7:08 pm

Like the sound of the good deed jar. It was bitterly cold wasn’t it, I don’t think I’ve ever been that cold on a short walk to school #365

8. March 8, 2018 / 8:09 pm

Oh well done on the pancakes mine love them too. Glad you got to have a bit of fun in the snow.

9. March 16, 2018 / 10:22 pm

We have pancakes for pudding on random days throughout the year (NEVER on pancake day!). The snow days were fun to start with but the cold was not so great #project365

10. March 17, 2018 / 5:08 am

you’d have thought the schools would’ve coordinated their openings and closures to save you dragging both kids out each day