Our Top 5 Childrens Islamic Books of 2018

In 2016 I started sharing a round up of our favourite books of that year. Read about our  Top 15 Favourite Islamic Childrens Books in 2015 and also our Top 10 Islamic Childrens Books of 2017.

Now it is the time for our favourite books of 2018! We haven’t purchased as many this year as we already have an extensive library of Islamic childrens books at home so it is just our top 5 this year.

Please note a lot of the books were sent to us for review. However they would not be included in this list if I genuinely did not like them. This post also contain affiliate links.

***********************

My First Quran with Pictures – Juz’ Amma Part 1

My First Quran with Pictures book

Translated by Shereen Sharief

Illustrated by Nicola Anderson

Checked and Approved by Sheikh Dr Abduallah ibn Yusuf Aljudai

Recommended age: 7+

Published by Faith Books

If you are looking for a book to help teach surahs to your children with meaning then this book is worth getting. It is available from Amazon:My First Quran With Pictures: Juz’ Amma Part 1.

You can read a short review with a full video in my review post: My First Quran with Pictures, Juz Amma Part 1.

***********************

The Spider Dove & The Doves

Author and Illustrator: Farah Morley

Distributed by Kube Publishing

Recommended age: 4+

‘The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is besieged on all sides by his enemies. Then God sends him some unlikely helpers in the form of doves and a spider.’ 🕷 .
A retelling of a classic story. Available to purchase from Amazon: The Spider and the Doves: The Story of the Hijra

***********************

What is a Muslim?

What is a Muslim book

Author: Ali Elsayed

Illustrator: Sousann Elsayed

‘The idea behind the book is to inform the reader in a fun and simple way, about the basics of being a Muslim. In today’s world where there are so many misconceptions about Islam, we believe books like this can help foster more tolerance and understanding.’

You can read my review here: What is A Muslim? The book is available to purchase from Amazon: What is a Muslim?

***********************

Zak and His Little Lies

Illustrator: Omar Burgess

Age: 5+

Price: £4.99

Distributed by Kube Publishing.

Zak is on his final warning. If he tells one more lie, however little, he won’t be going to the skate park with Baba and Hana. With one job left to do, what could go wrong?

You can read my review on the blog: Zak and  His Little Lies and the book is available to purchase from Amazon: Zak and His Little Lies

***********************

Step by Step How to Pray

Author: Zanib Mian

Publisher: Muslim Childrens Books

A very simple step by step guide to assist you in teaching your children to learn how to pray. Scholar approved with some slight differences between schools of thoughts covered. Available to purchase from Muslim Childrens Books.

***********************

A few other bloggers have also been sharing their favourite books of 2018. Pop over to have a read.

Our Amanahs Our Future shares her Favourite Books of 2018.

Ilma Education shares her Top 5 Favourite Islamic Picture Books of 2018.

If you enjoyed reading this post then why not give it a Pin on Pinterest?

1. Carla@ouramanahsourfutures
    January 3, 2019 / 5:11 pm

I totally forgot to add My Quran with pictures too our list. It is certainly a must have for anyone’s Islamic librbary.

• January 4, 2019 / 9:18 pm

It certainly is…such a good book mash’Allah

2. January 3, 2019 / 10:57 pm

Allahumma barakh laha I really love the sound of the spider and the doves book. Think I may purchase it. Jazakhallah khairan.

• January 4, 2019 / 9:17 pm

Wa iyakki! It is a lovely book

3. January 4, 2019 / 12:18 pm

Loved the first quran with pictures book. Very useful for teaching to visual learners. Best part is that it has been checked by a scholar and as far as I could see the figures are without faces. I always look for such picture books. My daughter studies an Arabic book like this one at school. Would be great for her English homeschooling inshallah will check it out.

• January 4, 2019 / 9:17 pm

It certainly is useful for teaching

4. January 4, 2019 / 1:49 pm

Looks like a great collection of books for children, A varied collection that covers different areas of the deen. Jazakallah Khair for sharing sis. I will share this thanks

• January 4, 2019 / 9:17 pm

Wa iyaaki! They are all good books!

5. January 8, 2019 / 8:32 am

These are so adorable masha’Allah! They are perfect to add to a baby shower list to build your baby’s library. I hope to add these to my shelf one day insha’Allah!

• January 9, 2019 / 7:25 pm

Oh yes they would be ideal for a baby shower list

6. January 9, 2019 / 3:52 pm

I have been eyeing these books for a while now and I need to add all of these and much more to our library. It’s so difficult to get these English Islamic books here in Qatar and they are mostly overpriced. Will reference this post while biting them online in sha Allah.

• January 9, 2019 / 7:25 pm

In sha Allah you manage to get them

7. January 12, 2019 / 2:41 pm

I’m not a mum yet but as a child psychologist the benefits of books for children is amazing for their development. Reading to them and them enjoying reading their own books as they grow is vital for expanding their mind and imagination. These are good recommendations, will be passing it on to my friends who have kids and this could work as lovely gifts to give as well.

• January 12, 2019 / 3:52 pm

Reading certainly is important!

8. January 12, 2019 / 3:28 pm

Lovely collection, I’m thinking if purchasing the Quran one as my daughter is nearly 7 & I’m particularly drawn to that spider one because of the beautifully illustrated cover! & I love the story myself so I think it would be a nice read! JazakAllah khair for sharing these!

• January 12, 2019 / 3:52 pm

The cover is lovely isn’t it? Wa iyaaki!

9. January 13, 2019 / 3:06 pm

Love your collection ma shaa Allah tabarakallah! All of these are so cool! Loving the cover of How to Pray :p It’s so cool and also What is a Muslim? XD Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing your review with us

10. January 18, 2019 / 11:17 am

MashaAllah what a wonderful collection….thank you for writing about these books and letting us all know…

11. January 19, 2019 / 9:07 am

I’ve been wanting to get my hands on The Quran with Pictures but it’s not available here in Australia yet. Have to keep checking the bookstores.

• January 19, 2019 / 7:12 pm

In sha Allah you manage to get hold of it soon