Project 365 for 2019 – Week 1

And here we go again! Year 6 of Project 365! Can’t believe I have been doing this since 2013! (edit, just realised its actually my 7th year!)

Day 1 – Tuesday 1st January

It was Dad’s 79th birthday. Hadn’t organised a cake but luckily a local business was able to get some cupcakes done for me at short notice. She did offer to do a cake but to be honest the cupcakes are fine otherwise dad eats too much sweet stuff and he shouldn’t. Always grateful to see another birthday of dad’s after he was diagnosed with his illness.

Day 2 – Wednesday 2nd January

Hubby took today off work and we decided to take a trip to Southall in London to eat. The girls go back to school tomorrow so it was a final treat for them before we get back to our daily routine.

Day 3 – Thursday 3rd January

Back to school for both girls. Was a bit hard getting up and getting ready as we were used to the slower morning starts. While they were at school. I completed by latest blog post about our favourite Islamic kids books of 2018. Then after school we went late night shopping as I had broken the zip on my coat and needed a new one. Asked Bee to stand by the Christmas tree to have a picture before its taken down and she was a bit annoyed saying ‘but we don’t celebrate it!’

Day 5 – Friday 5th January

Went to my electrolysis appointment. Cancelled 2 over the holidays as the kids and then I was sick. Then had a quiet day at home until it was time to collect the kids. Rosie laid claim to my new coat…hadn’t even worn it outside yet and ended up with cat hair on it.

Day 6 – Saturday 6th January

First karate lesson of the year. Think she was happy to go back and see her teachers. I thought she would miss her old karate place but she is loving this place…will see what the year brings and see how she does.

• January 9, 2019 / 9:02 pm

Thank you!

I am already tired with the early mornings!

• January 9, 2019 / 9:02 pm

She certainly was comfortable on it!

1. January 5, 2019 / 5:42 pm

Hope your dad had a lovely Birthday the cakes look fab, I often opt for cupcakes too. We struggled with the return to school too and I know Monday is going to be tough for me going back to work. Hope you have a lovely week.
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…Our Adventures in Pictures: 365 Week 1 2019My Profile

2. January 5, 2019 / 6:22 pm

I had to laugh at Bee complaining about having her photo taken with the Christmas tree! Glad she is enjoying her new karate club. A belated happy birthday to your dad and happy new year to you all!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2019 Week 1My Profile

• January 9, 2019 / 9:01 pm

She certainly can be argumentative lol

3. January 6, 2019 / 10:20 am

Happy belated birthday to your Dad! Cupcakes look lovely. The cat on your new coat made me smile, I remember our cat doing exactly the same. Glad to hear that your daughter enjoys her karate lessons. Happy new year!

• January 9, 2019 / 9:00 pm

Thank you! Happy New Year to you too!

4. January 6, 2019 / 3:53 pm

Waving arms to say I have no idea if my comments get through, they seem to disappear in the ether, as I don’t see any confirmation or anything to clarify if they are moderated. 🙂

• January 9, 2019 / 8:59 pm

They are being moderated. I thought a message popped up but seems not…will try to fix that

5. January 6, 2019 / 5:56 pm

Happy Birthday to your father, I know quite a few Muslims who don’t celebrate birthdays here, yet love to join in with Christmas, well the decorations anyway, quite often our neighbours will ask if the kids can come in to see our tree and decorations

• January 9, 2019 / 8:58 pm

Oh we love seeing the decorations too!

6. January 6, 2019 / 6:32 pm

A big Happy birthday to your dad. I hope he goes from strength to strength with his health. That food looks delicious. I so need to buy some fruit

7. January 6, 2019 / 9:44 pm

glad she is enjoying her karate lessons still.
    Nice to get them out for a last treat.
    That tree looks rather large.

8. Andale Seaworne
    January 7, 2019 / 6:49 am

What an interesting week you had and a cute daughter and cat

9. January 7, 2019 / 8:10 am

6 Years Mashallah! That’s incredible! My life is SO BORING I’d bore myself after the first day but making an effort on our food account to document what we eat every day!
    Humaira recently posted…Simply Humaira Reader SurveyMy Profile

• January 9, 2019 / 7:27 pm

Oh you should have done it! I am sure you would have found things to share

10. January 7, 2019 / 5:51 pm

It’s interesting to read how different cultures approach the Winter season. 6 years of the photography challenge is a great achievement too. #365
    Helena recently posted…Living Arrows – 1/52 {2019}My Profile

• January 9, 2019 / 7:26 pm

I have almost quit so many times! Surprised I got this far

11. January 7, 2019 / 8:14 pm

Happy New Year, and well done on completing every year, I wish I had your dedication, although I shall try again this year. The cupcakes look very pretty, and sometimes they are better than a full size cake.
    Love that the cat got to christen your coat before you got to wear it! Looking forward to following the family during 2019.

• January 9, 2019 / 7:26 pm

Good luck! You can complete the year!

12. January 8, 2019 / 12:00 am

The cupcakes look great, and that food. Glad Bee’s settled into her new karate place.

13. January 14, 2019 / 3:33 pm

Belated Happy New Year and happy birthday to your father. Those cakes look great. Glad Bee is settling in to her new karate place x