This February half term sucks.
Over the Christmas holidays I was ill so was looking forward to February half term and actually doing things, but sadly I have building work going on so we are stuck at home.
And the sun is actually out. It is like it is taunting me that I can’t go out and enjoy it. We can’t even currently enjoy the garden as it is still a mess from when we had the conservatory built.
Some parents can dread half term thinking that they can turn out expensive with all the activities that they may have to do, but to be honest it does not have to end up expensive. There is plenty you can do without it costing the earth.
- Trip to the park
- Feed the swans and ducks
- Have a walk around our local country park which also has a small train that runs in peak times.
- Our local museum is free
- Go out for picnics
- Supermarkets sometimes hold events; we have a dinosaur coming to ours this half term.
- Just a walk in the sun, or have fun jumping in puddles if it rains
- Set up a big craft project that they can work on daily
- Messy play at home (if you are brave enough!)
- Farm visits
- Libraries usually have events in the holidays
- Do fun science experiments at home
- February is also the perfect time to get seedlings planted and the kids can watch them grow and plant them out when the weather improves.
The list is endless! For more ideas of things to do you can read the following guide: Things to do with the kids in the school holidays.
What do you like doing with the kids in half term?