Project 365 for 2019 – Week 6

Day 34 – Sunday 3rd February

Horse riding for the eldest and then general chilling at home. It is lovely to see Bee more confident with the bigger horses. She was always nervous about giving them polos but it is like they look out for her and are more gentle with her when taking things from her. She was able to give Jim (he’s pretty big) a carrot.

Day 35 – Monday 4th February

Didn’t want to cook, refused to cook. Had a totally lazy day until school run time and then hubby took us out to eat in the evening. I love the Salt and Pepper chips from our local Chinese/Turkish place.

Day 36 – Tuesday 5th February

Not a very good photo today but had such a busy day and remembered I hadn’t take a photo at the end of the day. My kick boxing class was first thing in the morning. Came home, quickly cooked something for the evening, and then back out to read with the kids at school. Then had an e-safety workshop at the school to attend. Bee was at after school club so home for an hour before picking her up and dropping her off at my parents. Had to get my nephew to take her to Rainbows as I rushed straight back out to meet the eldest at school for her parents evening. Had a really good parents evening. Everyone is pretty pleased with her and say she is on target to do well. Her sports teacher was particularly impressed with her and was hinting that she should do sports GCSE. And apparently she is excelling in Spanish!

Day 37 – Wednesday 6th February

Popped to the parents after school to find that they had been up in the loft trying to find something. They also found my GCSE and A-Level books and notes. I had forgotten they were all up there. After decluttering last week I now have 8 bags full of stuff again. I threw away the notes as no point keeping them but for now have kept all the books. Slightly regretting throwing away my English Literature notes though as may have come in handy if my eldest ends up studying the same things.

Day 38 – Thursday 7th February

No pictures taken of today so you have one of Rosie, although she refused to look at the camera. I had volunteered to go with the school to the farm with the reception kids. I woke up and groaned as it was raining and the winds were pretty intense. The trip went ok….thankfully it didn’t rain too much while there but was really windy. Had some tears from some who were cold, didn’t like the wind and were missing their mums….and one boy said he liked my top and he loved me! Was glad to get home though as my feet were frozen by the end of it…couldn’t find my thermal socks in the morning and wellies aren’t particularly warm!

Day 39 – Friday 8th February

Feeling a bit drained today so general chilling at home. Caught up with some blog work and as Ramadan will be here in a few months have started on some ramadan book reviews. First up is Ramadan Moon. By the end of the day my throat was hurting so think a cold is on it’s way.

Day 40 – Saturday 9th February

Have done absolutely nothing today. Bee woke up with a bad cough and a temperature…and my throat was killing me too and had a slight temp. She didn’t go karate and got the hubby to drop the eldest at her Urdu class before he went to work and the nephew picked her up to save me going out in the cold and wind. So a day in front of the TV it was. Not a very good photo but didn’t have the energy to take a better one!

1. February 9, 2019 / 7:46 pm

Hope you and Bee feel better soon and it does not get any worse.
    Nice to see you sharing a picture of a savoury dish rather than your dessert.
    Well done to the eldest for a good school report.
    Our tv always has subtitles on as well.

• February 15, 2019 / 11:28 am

Haven’t been eating much dessert these days!

2. February 9, 2019 / 8:18 pm

Hope Bee and you will get better soon!
    Lovely to hear that Bee is getting confident with horses. It’s nice that you’re allowed to feed horses. I know some stables have strict policy about no-feeding.
    You must be so pleased with a parents’ meeting, it sounds like everything is going well.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• February 15, 2019 / 11:28 am

The stables are pretty easy going. We always ask them first re the polos..and the carrot they gave to Bee herself to give to Jim.

3. February 9, 2019 / 8:36 pm

It’s fab that Bee is getting more confident around the horses. Well done her!
    hehehe! Good on you for not cooking. Some days we just need a break. Those chips look so good.
    It sounds like you’ve had a busy week. I hope you and Bee feel better soon. x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Week 6 of #Project365 – A photo every day for a year!My Profile

• February 15, 2019 / 11:27 am

Thank you. Both Bee and myself have been ill pretty much all week

4. February 9, 2019 / 10:31 pm

Oh no, I hope you are not too poorly and it goes away soon! I think all my notes are still in our loft both from my A Levels and my degree. I really need to do some decluttering too. Those chips look really good never heard of them before! Have a great week.
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…Our Adventures in Pictures: 365 Week 6 2019My Profile

• February 15, 2019 / 11:25 am

Still recovering from the cold!

5. February 9, 2019 / 11:03 pm

Hope you don’t get too much of a cold. I’m on week 2 of having a bad throat, so get gargling with TCP now. Those chips are amazing. And a great parents evening too

• February 15, 2019 / 11:25 am

It’s been a pretty bad cold to be honest

6. February 10, 2019 / 6:48 am

Hope you and Bee feel better soon! Very well done to your eldest on her parents’ evening. My son does GCSE PE and he’s really enjoying it. Those chips look delicious! Is that a very young Kenneth Branagh on the front of your Shakespeare textbook?!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 10.2.19My Profile

• February 15, 2019 / 11:24 am

Had to google who that was! No idea!

7. February 11, 2019 / 7:58 am

Aw! Seems like a hectic week led to a sick weekend but I always get ill when I’m out too much in the cold, it’s just the way it goes.

And I love young kids because they’re so unselfconsious and will tell you if they like you or not. How adorable to know you’re loved and appreciated by kids other than your own!

Mashallah and Mabrook to the eldest for her achievements!
    Humaira recently posted…What I learned from the #ABNEWYEARSSTASHCHALLENGEMy Profile

• February 15, 2019 / 11:24 am

Yes I think the farm visit in the cold really didn’t help.

8. February 11, 2019 / 11:30 am

sorry the week ended badly with sore throats, hope you’re feeling a better soon. Oh dear at your decluttering then mum and dad dumping stuff back on you. hope you can make use of the books again.
    chickenruby recently posted…I’m 47 and officially middle agedMy Profile

• February 15, 2019 / 11:23 am

We have had a pretty rough week with colds to be honest

9. February 11, 2019 / 4:21 pm

Bee is such a cutie! Ramadan moon is such a beautiful book gonna get them soon in shaa allah! Was very good to read your day to day life! Maa shaa allah

10. February 12, 2019 / 7:53 pm

There are so many germs going around at the moment, hope you are both feeling better now. Glad the farm trip wasn’t too wet, it’s always lovely to spend that time with the children. Love finding old school books, I think all of mine were thrown out after one move or another over the years sadly #365

• February 15, 2019 / 11:23 am

We have been suffering all week with the cold! Not been nice

11. February 13, 2019 / 10:42 am

It’s really interesting hearing about other cultures and it would be lovely to hear what your book recommendations are #365

• February 15, 2019 / 11:22 am

I have a few book reviews and recommendations up on the blog

12. February 14, 2019 / 4:10 pm

Aww how sweet to feed the horses. Those chips look amazing. Sorry to hear about the illnesses, I hope you are both on the mend x #365

• February 15, 2019 / 11:22 am

Been suffering all week with a cold!